Pages

Sunday 8 March 2015

Uni of Greenwich Professional Development Day

Tomorrow I'll be delivering a 'Professional Development Day' for a group of PGCE students from the University of Greenwich. I will be informing them about the new computing curriculum and showing examples of best practice through my school's use of technology.

I am very much looking forward to seeing what the new breed of teacher already knows about computing, particularly as they only know the new curriculum. It shouldn't surprise me to find that a generous number of them are more 'tech savvy' than myself...

The plan for tomorrow will be to spend about 20 minutes discussing the new curriculum and the future of education. I will then spend a generous amount of time on a range of resources that we use in school - approximately 15 minutes each.

Planned resources:
  • iPad apps for coding: Bee-Bot, Daisy the Dinosaur, Kodable, Scratch Jr and Hopscotch
  • Other iPad apps: Explain Everything and Book Creator
  • MinecraftEDU
  • Scratch (will probably go through my coordinates lesson)
  • MaKey MaKey, Python and Raspberry Pi
Below is a copy of tomorrow's Prezi:

No comments:

Post a Comment